Man in India claims his new iPhone 6 combusted in his car

Man in India claims his new iPhone 6 combusted in his car
Share it:
India: An Indian man says his iPhone 6 caught fire just two days after he purchased the handset.
The Times of India reports that restaurant owner Kishan Yadav was making a hands-free call while driving through the city of when he noticed his new iPhone 6 emitting sparks. He tossed the overheating handset out of the window and onto the street where it immediately burst into flames upon impact.


Yadav said he had bought the phone two days earlier from a local shop and for Rs 60,000 ($945) he got a new gray 64GB handset. The man said that he only escaped serious injury because he was using the hands-free feature.

"My face could have got burn as the phone exploded in a matter of seconds. When I threw the phone, the call was on and the battery was around 70%," said Yadav.
Yadav has filed both a police report and a First Information Report with local authorities. Apple declined to comment on the matter.

This is the second time this year an Apple customer has reported a spontaneously combusting iPhone. In February, a New York man suffered third-degree burns when his iPhone 5c exploded in his pants after he bent down to pick up his keys
Share it:
Reactions:

iPhone

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

What's On Your Mind?